Do-It-Yourself Homemade Beauty
Some of the best kept beauty secrets are hidden within our kitchen.
In fact, Cleopatra, who was renowned for her beauty, is known to have integrated honey-infused milk baths and almond oil as an essential element of her skincare regimen. We often forget that our skin is the largest organ of our body – once we keep that in mind, it only makes sense to ensure that it receives the same nutrition that we supply our internal organs.
Here are a few homemade recipes to get you started on getting radiant, healthier skin in this new year.
By Rohma, our PR manager.
Anti-Acne Oatmeal Cleanser Ingredients
- 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 1/4 cup gram flour
- 1/3 tsp tumeric powder
- Put all the ingredients within a blender to create a coarse powder.
- Store in an airtight jar next to your bathroom sink, and to use, mix one heaped teaspoon with water to create a thick paste
- Apply using light, circular motions to your face and neck.
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water. Use up to twice a day.
If you have a little more time, you can create an exceptionally nutritious facemask for your skin using the Anti-Acne Oatmeal Cleanser.
Brightening Oatmeal Face Mask Ingredients
- 1 tsp Anti-Acne Oatmeal Cleanser
- 1-2 tsp full-fat organic yoghurt
- 1 tsp natural organic honey
- 1 mashed up strawberry
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl to create a thick paste.
- Leave for 5 minutes so that the oatmeal soaks up the ingredients.
- Apply generously over face and neck, leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with cool water for a smoother, brighter complexion.
- For a fully pampering experience, follow up with a few drops of sweet almond oil to moisturize your skin.