For the honey buttercream: (Makes filling for 20 macarons)
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
2 tbsp natural honey
1. Preheat your oven to 150°C degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Blend confectioners sugar, lavender, and almond meal in a food processor until fine, then whisk everything into a large bowl.
3. Add egg whites and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer and mix for 3 minutes on level 4.
4. Then, increase the power up to level 7 and whisk for an additional 3 minutes.
5. Increase the power up to 8 and whisk for an additional minute or until mixture is stiff meringue.
6. Add food coloring and whisk at 8 speed for an additional minute. Knock the meringue that’s trapped in the whisk back into the bowl
7. Next, add the almond meal mixture into the bowl all at once.
8. Use a folding motion to incorporate the dry ingredients and a rubbing motion, to deflate the meringue against the side of the bowl.
9. Fold mixture about 35 times, to deflate the egg whites.
10. Fill a pastry bag with the batter. You can use a pastry bag with just a coupler, or with a tip. Pipe your shells onto the parchment-paper lined baking tray, a little more than 1 inch in diameter, spacing them about 1 inch apart.
11. When you’re done piping, pick up the pan and bang it against your counter to remove any trapped air bubbles.
12. Slide the pans into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, at which point the shells should be able to be cleanly picked off the parchment paper.
13. As shells cool, prepare the filling. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter using the whisk attachment for about 2 minutes.
14. Slowly add the confectioner’s sugar, and whisk. Then add the honey and whisk for one minute.
15. Once shells are cool fill your macarons with the honey buttercream using a pastry bag or spoon.
Shop the Recipe
Trudeau Mixing Bowls [Set of 3]
Birkmann Disposable Piping Bags 20 Bags On A Roll
Joseph Joseph Twist Whisk Multi-Colour
Joseph Joseph Nest Plus Measuring Cups [Set of 5]
Joseph Joseph Roll-Up Non-Slip Silicon Pastry Mat Blue