Sheikh Zayed - An Eternal Legacy (Pre-Order)
Ships by: 1st May 2021
*This book is available in a limited edition worldwide print run of 299 copies. Pre-order valid while stocks last.
Collect in store for FREE
Order now and collect from a selected store of your choice for FREE!
Buy now, pay later
Enjoy 3 to 12 month 0% financing on purchase over AED 1000
Free shipping from AED 200
Orders are delivered within 2-4 business days within Dubai. Other emirates may take up to 8 business days.
Hassle FREE returns
If you change your mind, you can return the product to your nearest Virgin Megastore.Exchange / Refund policy applies.
In 1968, the coastal Arab emirates entered into an unprecedented phase of vulnerability: The British, who had protected the emirates for 150 years, suddenly announced their intention to withdraw from the region. Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the ruler of Abu Dhabi, knew there was only one way forward: the emirates had to unite under a single nation. In December of 1971, after a series of negotiations, the United Arab Emirates was born, and Sheikh Zayed, its founding father, was named the first President.
Under Sheikh Zayed’s leadership, the fledgling UAE grew to become a towering example of economic, social and political progression within the Middle East. But throughout his reign, Sheikh Zayed dedicated as much of himself to the welfare of his people as he did to his country’s progress. His benevolence, humility, and tolerance were legendary, and he was widely revered as father figure to all. Sheikh Zayed’s profound care for his people extended to the environment, as he helped transform the Arab desert into an oasis for agriculture. He also became known as a champion of equality, advocating for women’s rights and preaching religious tolerance. A religious man himself, the teaching of Islam formed the core of his education and shaped his approach to both life and leadership.
In this compelling addition to Assouline’s Ultimate Collection, Myrna Ayad examines Sheikh Zayed’s enduring legacy through the pillars that defined his life—as a father, a unifier, a conservationist, a faithful man, and a modernist. The volume brings Sheikh Zayed to vivid life through archival photographs and exclusive interviews with politicians and family members who knew the ruler intimately. A reverent ode to the Father of the UAE, Sheikh Zayed: An Eternal Legacy reveals that more than fifteen years after the end of his reign, Sheikh Zayed lives on in all of the men and women who are continuing his work, steering the UAE into bright and progressive future.
- Foreword by His Highness Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Text by Myrna Ayad
- 184 pages
- Over 150 illustrations
- Released in April 2021
- Part of The Ultimate Collection
- Handcrafted volume in a luxury silk clamshell case
- Measures approximately 14 x 17 in/35.5 x 42 cm
- To pre-order this product now, simply Add To Bag and proceed with Checkout
- The release date is the scheduled date on which the product is available in our stores and for delivery. This date is provided by our suppliers and is subject to change without notice.
- This pre-order is eligible for home delivery.
- Once you place the pre-order, your card will be charged. Your very own copy will be reserved as soon as we receive the stock, on or after the release date.
- You will receive an order confirmation by email right after you please your order - and you will receive a notification by email and/or SMS as soon as your item is shipped.
- Pre-Orders are not eligible for Cash on Delivery payment option.
|Number of Pages||184|